Library — Books and Videos
The Front Range Woodturner’s Association has a wonderful collection of books and videos — all available to all members without extra charge. Members may check out items at the monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of the month, January through November (loans are 2 months from November thru January), at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware.
A PDF catalog of our library (click to download) is available for members to download and preview. Once downloaded, simply open up the file, make it larger (perhaps 125%) to facilitate easier reading, and word search for items that interest you (it is a very long document to print, and will print in small type). Your “wish list” can then be used to add items to the on-line “Library Waiting List ” for the next meeting.
Note: Adobe Reader is required to view this file.
Woodturning Magazine Index
Bob Britt has put together an Index of the first 271 issues of Woodturning Magazine from the UK (click to download).
These rules are in effect starting January 1, 2013
Sign-outs of videos, books, and magazines are for one month except for the period November thru January. Items should be either
- returned to a Librarian in person,
- dropped in the slot in the side of the FRW Library cabinet downstairs at Rockler,
- mailed or delivered to the Librarian or an Assistant Librarian, or
- given to another member for return. If the last, remember to follow up with that person to ensure the items were returned.
Please do not leave items with Rockler employees.
- Each month, members in good standing, and those who do not have other overdue items, may sign out up to nine (9) items — any combination of videos, books, and magazines.
- Members may add items to the on-line “Library Wait List” applicable to the next monthly meeting. If more than one person is on this List for the same item, the first person has until five minutes into the meeting break to check out the item — failing that, the next person on the List, and then any member, in that order, may sign out that item. If a member is next in line, that member will be on the Wait List for the following meeting.
- Members who are past due on Library items are not eligible to check out additional items until the past due items have been returned to the Library. Violation of this key Library rule, or obvious disregard of Library rules to the detriment of other FRW members, may result in suspension of Library privileges.
- Pecuniary liability is incurred when Library items are lost.
- If a member needs to borrow Library resources for more than one month (being out of town, on vacation, etc.), pre-coordination with a Librarian is appropriate. For such loans, please borrow only older, less popular items.
- Please take time to sign out items — several items go missing periodically (they “walk”). Some of these items are not replaceable.
A recent inventory indicates that we appear to have a few items that are missing from our library and do not appear in our records as having been signed out. If you come across an issue of a magazine or a DVD that you note is from YOUR FRW Library, kindly return it at the next meeting. No questions will be asked. Just turn the materials in at the sign-in desk (Returns Table).
WANTED – If you are aware of a video or book that the club should consider adding to our collection don’t keep it a secret. Pass along your suggestions to any Assistant Librarian or to yours truly. We will follow-up and give it thorough consideration. Thank you all.
Remember when you are into turning sooner or later things are bound to come around.
We truly have a wealth of educational materials available for sign-out. At last count close to 1,000 such resources — so enjoy!
Thanks again to our Assistant Librarians. Please take time to thank them for their hard work!
Library Pick List
This is a file that has a list of suggested resources that have been recommended by our librarians. If you have a particular interest but aren’t quite sure what to look for, take a look at this ‘Best of’ list.
Library Waiting List
If you would like to place an item on the “Library Waiting List” for the upcoming meeting, please use the request form below. “Library Waiting List” requests can be made up to 48 hours prior to each monthly meeting (the Sunday before, 6:30pm at the latest).
Blackout Period: the cutoff for placing items on the current “Library Waiting List” for the upcoming meeting is the Sunday before each FRW meeting at 6:30pm, any items/request received after the cutoff will be held and added to the “Library Waiting List” for next month.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Librarian, Bob Britt, directly.